An Introduction To Vietnamese Rich and Diverse History
We all know that Vietnam is renowned for its exotic rich history, beautifully diverse landscapes, and an exotic vibrant culture that has now made Vietnam an increasingly popular destination for Indian travellers that are out there seeking a unique and memorable experience for themselves. Therefore, With Vietnam Tour Packages and a well curated guide for yourself you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey for you and your family.
It’s essential for you as an Indian traveller to be well-prepared in advance and aware of cultural nitty gritties pertaining to particular travel regulations, and local followed customs before embarking on your Vietnam excursion with Best Vietnam Tour Packages. So make sure that you have a fair idea of all the important pointers comprehensively explained below.
- Get In Touch With Local Social Norms and Cultural Etiquettes
You should know a bit about Vietnam’s culture which is renowned for a culture deeply rooted in tradition and mutual respect. It would be an all encompassing experience if you make an effort in understanding and adhering to cultural etiquettes of that place which would prove to be crucial for a positive travel experience in Vietnam. It will also allow you to interact with the local crowd there.
As an Indian traveller, embarking to Vietnam, you should be aware of the traditional form of greeting which is followed by the people there, which consists of a slight bow or a handshake at the same time avoiding excessive physical contact.
It is customary practice to address the people there by their title and last name unless they invite you to use their first name. Also, making sure that you follow the practice of removing shoes before entering someone’s home is a common practice which especially signifies respect for the living space.
- Accommodation Options: Choose The Best Stay For Yourself
While you set out to Vietnam make sure to wisely amongst the wide range of accommodation options that Vietnam offers that will cater to your diverse preferences and varied budgets. You can live in opulent accommodations ranging from
- luxury hotels
- budget-friendly guesthouses
- Make sure that your accommodation is centrally located.
It is advisable that you book accommodation for yourself in advance, especially if you are planning to travel during peak tourist seasons. You can use popular online platforms for this purpose, providing a convenient and reliable way to plan the stay.
- Transportation Tips For Seamlessly Moving Across The Length and Breadth Of Vietnam
Vietnam’s transportation system features a diverse range of transportations and connectivity which caters to both urban and rural areas, offering you a seamless travel experience. For your intra-city travel with Vietnam Tour Packages, You can book for yourself a cyclos (three-wheeled bicycle taxis) or a motorbike taxi which are popular choices among travellers from India.
However, while you are out there embarking on longer distances, it is always advisable to use trains, domestic flights, buses which are readily available and can be booked beforehand. You should be prepared well in advance for the bustling traffic that Vietnam features. The traffic is especially cumbersome in cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, where crossing the road can be an art in itself which has to be mastered.
Furthermore, you can rent a motorbike, which is a popular choice if you are looking out for adventurous options, but please note that it requires a valid Vietnamese driving licence to drive the same.
- Guidelines on Health and Safety for a Safe and Comfortable Travel to Vietnam
Vietnam is mostly considered safe for solo and group travellers, however make sure that you keep in mind the essential guidelines and remain careful along the entire trip. Read thoroughly the travel guidelines as posted on the Indian Tourism Website and consulates.
You should avoid isolated places especially if you are travelling alone or at night. You should also be careful while exchanging money at local counters. You need to keep yourself well equipped with the local laws and guidelines that the Vietnamese government has issued. Make sure to follow the following guidelines for safer options in your travel experience to Vietnam.
- Drink bottled water for hygienic drinking options.
- Avoid street food for safer options.
- Ensure that you have vaccination done as prescribed by the government of India and Government of Vietnam
- Booking a Travel insurance is also recommended to cover your unexpected medical expenses during emergencies.
- Know Well In Advance about The Visa Requirements from The Consulate
One of the first steps that underlies a crucial one in planning a trip to Vietnam with Vietnam Tour Packages is knowing in detail about the visa requirements.
According to the January 2022 cutoff, As an Indian citizen, you are required to obtain a visa before planning an excursion to Vietnam. You can complete this essential process through the official website of the Embassy of Vietnam or through authorised visa agents.
You also have an option to apply for a tourist visa, business visa, or electronic visa, depending on the purpose of your visit to Vietnam. It is always advised to start the visa application process well in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles. Usually you can visit the consulate and get your visa through your visa requirements.
- Delve Into Exotic Vietnamese Cuisine and Unique Dietary Considerations
Vietnamese cuisine is renowned for its exotic satiating flavours, amazing freshness, and a diverse variety. As an Indian traveller who is already accustomed to a diverse range of spices, you will find Vietnamese dishes to be a delightful exploration of new tastes. You can taste the following varieties which will cater to your unique taste.
- Pho which is an exotic noodle soup
- Banh mi is known as the baguette sandwich.
- Freshly prepared spring rolls are a must try.
- Vegetarian options are widely available but make sure to tell about your dietary preferences beforehand clearly because fish sauce is a common ingredient in Vietnamese dishes.
- You can research about different dishes beforehand and use translation apps or cards to convey your dietary needs.
- Tips on Weather and Packing Before You Embark To Vietnam
Vietnam experiences a distinct wet and dry tropical climate. Therefore, you are advised to check the prevailing weather conditions during their planned visit to pack accordingly.
Check out the following items from your checklist:
- Lightweight and breathable clothing for a comfortable travel
- Comfortable footwear so that you can embark on diverse terrain with ease.
- A light jacket or sweater might be needed for cooler evenings or travelling to higher altitudes.
- Sunscreen for excursions in the morning.
- insect repellent
- travel adapter for your electronic devices.
- Vietnamese Language and Tips for Effective Communication
While English has become the popular spoken language amongst tourists and locals especially in tourist areas. However, language can be a barrier for you in remote areas and villages. So it’s important that you learn a few basic Vietnamese phrases that can go a long way in enhancing your overall travel experience and will help in fostering positive and fruitful interactions with locals there.
Don’t be anxious because translation apps can be useful for overcoming language obstacles in any country and ensure that you have effective communication.
- All About Cash and Currency, Because Money Matters
As an Indian tourist, you should notify your banks about your travel dates to avoid any issues with using credit or debit cards during your trip. Currency exchange services are also accessible at airports, banks, and licenced money changers, with competitive exchange rates. Make sure to follow the currency conversion rules and regulations for a smooth journey.
The official currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese Dong (VND). You must note that credit cards are widely accepted but it is advisable to carry sufficient cash for transactions in rural or remote locations because credit cards might not work there.
- Exchange at Authorised Locations: make sure to exchange in authorised locations such as currency exchange counters, or ATMs or banks.
- Beware of Potential Scams: Make sure that you remain cautious of unauthorised street vendors offering currency exchange at false rates.
- Keep Receipts After Transactions: you should retain receipts from official currency at exchange transactions so that it is safe for you to seek future reference and proof of exchange.
CONCLUSION: Embark On A Fulfilling Excursion To Vietnam
For your convenience, we have prepared this thoroughly revised set of guidelines that will come in useful throughout your travels and will provide you with the knowledge you need to have a great and unforgettable trip to Vietnam with Vietnam Tour packages.
You can have an amazing experience for yourself while you keep the regulations in mind and plan for yourself an excursion that caters to your diverse needs. Make sure that you start with VISA and other documents, research in detail about the Vietnamese cuisine and the local customs that will help you indulge in a seamless travel to Vietnam.
The consulates have a list of guidelines that can add on to your safe travel experience with you and your family.